An overview of the most important Rolex Price Increases for 2022 including the top rated watches to invest in and specific increases in value
Should I service my Audemars Piguet?Any luxury watch worth investing in is worth servicing to keep it in the best condition possible - both aesthetically and for time-keeping. If the watch strap is worn, it’s worth replacing. If you own such a beautiful statement accessory, why wouldn’t you look after it? If you owned a Maserati C20, you wouldn’t hesitate to get it serviced, right?
Table of contents:
- Why service your Audemars Piguet watch?
- What does an Audemars Piguet service include?
- Partial Service
- Complete Maintenance Service
- Audemars Piguet Polishing service
- Audemars Piguet Watch strap and buckle service
- Audemars Piguet Document service
- Where can you get your Audemars Piguet serviced?
- How often should you service your Audemars Piguet?
- How much does it cost to service your Audemars Piguet?
- How long does it take to service your Audemars Piguet?
Why service your Audemars Piguet watch?
Any luxury watch worth investing in is worth servicing to keep it in the best condition possible - both aesthetically and for time-keeping. If the watch strap is worn, it’s worth replacing. If you own such a beautiful statement accessory, why wouldn’t you look after it? If you owned a Maserati C20, you wouldn’t hesitate to get it serviced, right?
Apart from that, when it comes time to sell, you will have a record of a watch that’s been cared for, works properly, and that will result in a better sales price.
What does an Audemars Piguet service include?
Audemars Piguet offers several different types of service from partial to full or just a polish. Here’s what you get for each type of service:
This service gives your watch a good cleaning of the case, the taking apart and checking of the movement and replacement of any components need to keep your watch waterproof. If you have a battery in the watch, they replace it. This service comes with a warranty that cover the replaced parts.
Complete Maintenance Service
Audemars Piguet offers a complete and thorough maintenance service which consists of a ten step protocol:
- Registration, identification and diagnosis. If you have informed them of problems with the watch, they will be guided by your comments as well as thoroughly check the workings of the watch to identify any other problems. If repairs need carrying out they will give you an estimate of the cost and get your approval to do the work before anything is done.
- The watch is taken apart, pre-washed and the components examined in great detail to identify any parts that need replacement.
- Each part is examined further. Any parts showing any sign of wear is replaced. If there are older parts for which there are recently innovated replacement parts, these will be switched out for the most recent available parts.
- Every part, even the tiniest pieces, are given an ultrasonic bath to completely clean and degrease them.
- Reassembly of the movement. Each part is greased accordingly - up to ten different oils and greases can be used within one watch movement to ensure each component is working at its most efficient.
- The watch runs for 24 hours to make sure that it keeps perfect time and runs smoothly.
- The case and bracelet are taken apart and thoroughly cleaned and polished.
- The case is reunited with the movement and the bracelet secured. The back screws are carefully tightened.
- Technical, aesthetic and functional tests are carried out for anything from five to twelve days. The level of testing and function expectations are the same as for a brand new watch. Records are kept of every step, every replacement part and the results of the extended tests. The watch is tested for waterproofness.
- A two year warranty is issued. Any replacement parts are covered by the warranty, within the terms and conditions of normal use and wear.
Audemars Piguet Polishing service
Your watch and bracelet can be polished with great precision to bring it up to looking brand new while being very respectful of the original design of the watch. Beveled edges and even screw heads are polished in different ways so as not to change the design or shapes. This is a service that you can request alongside a full maintenance service.
Audemars Piguet Watch strap and buckle service
Audemars Piguet watch straps are hand-crafted and stitched. If you want to get your watch strapped fitted for your wrist, they offer a fitting service.
Audemars Piguet Document service
Every Audemars Piguet watch appears in the AP archives. If you want to check your watch serial number from the archives you can do this, however it doesn’t guarantee the authenticity of the watch. If you would like a certificate of authenticity, this is available but obviously requires sending the watch to their experts in Le Brassus. In some locations they offer a free pick-up service to do this.
Where can you get your Audemars Piguet serviced?
There are several places in London, including within Harrods. The best way to find the one nearest you is to visit the AP website and put in your location.
How often should you service your Audemars Piguet?
How often you service your AP watch will depend somewhat on how often you wear it and where you wear it. If you subject it to water quite often, you probably want to get it serviced more often as waterproofness is vital. Perhaps every two years or so. If you only wear your watch under normal daily conditions - going to an office and to restaurants etc., once every five years should be enough. Of course, if you have any problems with the watch keeping time it’s best to have it checked out.
How much does it cost to service your Audemars Piguet?
It’s difficult to give a cost because a lot depends on the style and model, the age and the condition. But for an AP watch, you can expect to pay somewhere in the region of £800 to £1200 for a full maintenance service sometimes cosiderably more if your watch requires work. You can request a quote when you arrange your service so that there are no surprises. It is one of the more expensive watches to service, but that is because it’s one of the best watches in the world and well worth the cost of keeping it in beautiful condition.
How long does it take to service your Audemars Piguet?
A full service can take up to two weeks while a partial service can just take a few days. At the time you arrange the service, they will give you a time estimate and keep you informed of any changes. If they have to wait for certain parts to come in, it might take a bit longer.
If you’ve invested in an AP watch, it’s best to look after it and keep it in excellent condition both inside and out. Although you might not be able to imagine selling your Audemars Piguet watch right now, some time in the future, that day might come. And if it doesn’t, you’ll no doubt pass it on to your children. So it’s well worth going the extra mile to make sure that you have the best possible investment to enjoy and pass on.
If you’re thinking about buying an Audemars Piguet watch and you’re researching how to buy and look after it - or you have one and have decided to sell it, you’ve come to the right place. Contact Chrono Hunter to find out more about how the experts can help you make a good decision about your investment.
Buy Or Sell A Luxury Watch The Smart Way With Chrono Hunter
If you are considering your new purchase or perhaps the sale of a beloved timepiece, Chrono Hunter is the smart way to buy or sell a luxury watch.
Compare Offers from the worlds most reputable luxury watch retailers.
- November 1, 2020
Chrono Hunter launches watch accessory store, Complimentary to the main platform.
- May 14, 2020
WatchPro Originals - Watch talk with Chrono Hunter
- February 15, 2020
Chrono Hunter featured in Hertfordshire life magazine acknowledging businesses that are thriving in the area.
- December 15, 2019
Chrono Hunter commits to attending The first London Watch Show to be held in April 2020.
- November 14, 2019
Chrono Hunter attends Aston Martin Christmas event
- November 5, 2019
Chrono Hunter attends WatchPro Awards 2019
- October 31, 2019
Chrono Hunter shortlisted for Ecommerce retailer of the year for WatchPro Awards 2019
- July 7, 2019
Chrono Hunter attends GoodWood Festival of speed
- June 29, 2019
Chrono Hunter attends Yiannimize GT finish line
- May 21, 2019
Chrono Hunter attends McLaren Hatfield showroom launch evening
- May 14, 2019
Chrono Hunter attends Aston Martin Hatfield new showroom launch evening.
- March 27, 2019
Chrono Hunter attends the Porsche Hatfield Launch of the 992 Carrera
- March 24, 2019
Chrono Hunter attends Baselworld 2019
- February 18, 2019
Chrono Hunter watch sales surpassed £300,000
- January 9, 2019
Registered Retailers Increased by 125% and over £100,000 worth of business through Chrono Hunter in the first three months of going live.
- November 22, 2018
Chrono Hunter Attend Salon QP, kindly invited by James Gurney Executive Director of Salon QP
- November 6, 2018
Chrono Hunter attend WatchPro Awards, kindly invited by Nicholas Hickey Director of Luxe Watches
- October 29, 2018
ChronoHunter.com goes live to the public
- October 24, 2018
Chrono Hunter partners with Shortlist Magazine to give away a Rolex Submariner
- August 16, 2018
Pre registration opens and 500 people sign up
Rolex also makes some of the most beautiful watches in the world. The bejewelled and diamond-sprinkled watches made in the smaller case size are designed for women, but there are also diamond-set watches designed for men.
Telling the time is the number one function of a watch. But luxury watches do so much more than this. They tell the world that you’ve made it, that you have style, taste, and value the better things in life.